Friday, August 6, 2010

Announcing Bread Baking Day #33: Breads with booze

Yes! you read it correctly! I'm happy to announce that I'll be hosting the Bread Baking Day #33!



What's the Bread Baking Day you ask? It's a bread baking event created by Zorra from 1x umrühren bitte
which has been going on for already 3 years! Check out the latest roundup of Italian Breads at Family, Food and other things.

So what's Breads with booze? any yeasted bread which contains booze in any way. You  can make a filling with kirsch, a glaze with rum or use beer as your bread's yeast, the limit is your imagination.

How to participate in BBD #33?
  • Bake your bread
  • Post about it on your blog with a link back to this post.
  • Send in one recipe from each blog please.
  • Your recipe can be written in English, French, German, Spanish, Catalan or Italian.
  • Non-bloggers can email me the necessary details and your entries will be included.
  • Send me an e-mail at efectegerundi@gmail.com and include:

    • Your name
    • Your location
    • Your blog’s name and URL
    • The name of your bread and the post URL (permalink)
    • A picture of the bread 250 x 250 pixels 
    • Subject line: BBD#33: Breads with Booze!
  • Deadline for submission is September 1st, 2010
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I hope all of you participate, the more, the merrier!

17 comments:

Audax said...

Very intriguing challenge bread with booze!!!!! That was unexpected. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Judy said...

Ah, the possibilities . . .

natalia said...

Great idea !!

Swathi said...

Nice idea. Need to think some.

Mimi said...

Yes! What fun! But I'm a little confused. Are we supposed to use yeast, as the directions state; or baking powder, as the title says? Many thanks, can't wait to get started!

M. said...

wow! this sounds like my kind of bread ;)

I'm so excited for you to be hosting this event :)

Adriana said...

@mimi, you should be using yeast, baking powders is the name of my blog. you can use beer as the yeast in your dough, but it´s mandatory to be using yeast of some kind

if you have any further questions don´t hesitate to e-mail me

Maduixa said...

oh!! Adri!! quina sorpresa!!! que contenta estic per tu!! vaig a veure que me'n penso per poder participar!! ;-)

un petó guapíssima!

Audax said...

Finished my entry - I made three kinds of beer bread. Really good challenge. Audax

Anonymous said...

Great event! I love beer bread. Heading over to check out the details.

George@CulinaryTravels said...

Oh I'm in for this one ... ages since I've taken part in a BBD

Amanda said...

I've got just the cookbook to help me with this challenge: Drink your beer and eat it too! http://ow.ly/2oekw What fun! I'll be back with my entry.

redmenace said...

Wonderful idea. Do you think I can cook out the booze for the baby?! Ha!

Jayasri said...

I think I will not be able to participate :(, because I never bring booze in any of my cooking and drinking!, I think I will have to sit this out!, Oh! Audax you are great!, 3 entries, that's wonderful! cheers to all of you, but will definitely look into the round-up. cheers

Lose Weight Fast said...

Oh I look forward to seeing these! Bread and booze, yum!

Verena said...

I posted my and sent you the email. Did you receive it? Cheers, Verena.

Anonymous said...

However, diets that cleanse the body while doing all these things make sure to execute the whole process in the best possible manner.

Work without play makes for dull diets that cleanse the body as well.
You may be thinking that you have.

my webpage - homemade colon cleanse

Post a Comment