Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easy peasy yogurt chocolate waffles



Breakfast in 15 min, how does that sound? it can really happen.

I have been house and catsitting for a friend over the past week. He, unlike me happens to have a waffle maker. So the other morning I wanted waffles for breakfast. Unfortunately, I didn't have milk. Is that a problem? No!.

These waffles are made with yogurt, in my case, non-fat. They have no added fat and yet they have great flavor. I've made them twice now, plain, with cocoa powder and with very thin apple slices mixed in the batter. They all worked really well.

Yogurt chocolate waffles
(Makes 10 waffles, with 4 x 4 rows of 'pockets')

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder (for plain waffles omit this)
1 cup yogurt
1 cup water
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

In a bowl, combine the yogurt, water and eggs. Whisk until smooth. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Cook in your waffle iron according to the manufacturer instructions.

3 comments:

Maria said...

sooo yummy and perfect for a relaxing breakfast day off!!
P.S. You should own your own waffle maker... I would like to see more recipes like this more often!!

Russell at Chasing Delicious said...

I love simple and scrumptious recipes like this. Yum!

Autism United said...

Great looking waffles, thanks for the idea.

Post a Comment