Saturday, January 9, 2010

Coconut-kiwi muffins

I love kiwis, I had a whole bunch of them in the fridge and I started wondering if I could make muffins with them... I found a recipe a the Food Blogga page. Her recipe included coconut milk. Now, I like coconut milk but it is extremely sweet and I was afraid it would kill the sour punching taste of the kiwi. I addapted the recipe and this is the result...
Yummy, moist, crunchy, sweet and sour... the best muffins I've ever made, for real... the coconut gives them a crunch, the kiwi gives some tangyness...





2 regular sized kiwis or 3 small kiwis diced small
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup regular milk (I use skim)
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg and 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup shredded coconut



Preheat oven to 375 F.


Peel kiwis and dice the kiwis and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the butter with the eggs and add the milk, honey and vanilla extract.  Add to the flour mixture, and stir quickly until well combined. Don't overmix! You need to mix just well enough so things are combined.  Add the coconut and kiwis and mix with a spatula. Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin molds. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.



Contemplate the beauties you just made and... yum...








0 comments:

Post a Comment