Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breakfast sconey cookies

I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies for my friend J and I wanted to try something new. I let Kim from Lovin' from the oven guide me (I totes love her blog)  with her recipe for the classic cookie. I have to say, the result wasn't good this time. I got a sconey cookie instead of a chewy one and the cookies didn't flatten at all, so they were pretty thick.  J named them 'breakfast cookie' because they are the kind of cookie you want to dip in cafe-au-lait...

Now, aside from the scone-like texture, they tasted great! I added dark chocolate chunks instead of semisweet chips, which gave them a nice kick...



Checking the recipe again, I'm wondering if the problem was that I didn't refrigerate the dough... hmm... well, I might give them another shot...

Here's the recipe, that I slightly adapted from the original

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 dark chocolate bar chopped in chunks

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a bowl, cream together the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk and beat until light. Add the dry mixture. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. (this is what I didn't do...)
Preheat the oven to 325 F
Drop by tablespoonfuls and bake for 10 min or until golden on the edges.

9 comments:

Jordi said...

Bombes de xocolata!!! Són per mi?

Adriana said...

bieeeen, has comentat! :)

Anonymous said...

otia la cosinera esta. a ver si dejas de poner menos a mericanadas y pones algo tipico español. ajjaj.

por Pablo el amigo loco

otia (an spanish expresion) the cooker. a ver (another spanish expresion) if you put less americs foods and put so spanish tipical foods. ajjja.

by Pablo de crazy friend

Jordi said...

embafa aquest blog... però ja t'aniré postejant.

Adriana said...

embafa diu! q lerdo!

Debo said...

He visto la receta original en allrecipes.com y tiene super buenos ratings, asi que ya la probaré, aunque aun me quedan unas cuantas actualizaciones antes de hacer cookies, ya te avisaré pa que las veas ;)

Francesc said...

Hola! Em dic Francesc i sóc del País Valencià. He trobat el teu blog a través del de la Mercè de "Cuina per a llaminers". Tot i que no sé massa anglès (poquíssim) he pogut entendre alguna cosa de les que expliques. Tens receptes ben interessants. Sobretot les de xocolate. Crec que et visitaré més d'una vegada. Salutacions

Véronique said...

hmmmmmm ill try those cookies..they look gourgeous! And thank you for the greats comments on my blog! www.rosemadeleine.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. I definitely appreciate this site.
Continue the good work!

Also visit my web-site - prediksi Bursa taruhan bola gratis

Post a Comment